The most recent, Coming of Age in the Information Age, is one of the first publications from our Wanted: Solutions for America research initiative. Coming of Age is the knowledge gained from a series of focus group sessions with nonprofit leaders conducted in October 1999. Before we began our initiative we needed to know how nonprofits accessed the information they needed to help their respective communities. We asked a series of questions about some of the following topics:
• approaches to learning and learning activities used by nonprofits
• management and use of information
• useful types of information for nonprofits
• ways to flatten the nonprofit learning curve
• impact, if any, of new technologies
• best ways to receive information
We introduce nine key findings and summarize what they mean for nonprofits and leaders in the sector. Since the publication is small, only 16 pages, we hope you will take a look.